Grand Aspirations is always seeking volunteers and interns to support the movement for local solutionary initiatives and youth leadership development. You can find your own role in the organization by joining a national team or applying to be an intern.
Applications are now open for the 2013-2014 national teams! Click here to apply to join a national team. Applications are due by Wednesday, August 28, 2013.
Our organization is largely run by teams of national volunteers, who do everything from writing training curriculum, raising funds, coordinating national gathering, and mentoring local leaders. Below are short descriptions of each national team, which you can expand by clicking the links provided.
- The Advisory Council serves in an oversight role for the organization, providing insight on national strategy and making decisions on nationally-important issues. Click here to learn more about the Advisory Council.
- The Anti-Harassment Team ensures that Grand Aspirations maintains a safe working environment for everyone involved by upholding our Anti-Harassment Policy and responding to reports of harassment. Click here to learn more about the Anti-Harassment Team.
- The Anti-Oppression Team helps local and national teams of Grand Aspirations to incorporate the principles of social justice into their processes and outcomes. Click here to learn more about the Anti-Oppression Team.
- The Leadership Development Team develops training curriculum and tools to help leaders in the organization identify and meet their learning objectives. Click here to learn more about the Leadership Development Team.
- The National Gatherings Team coordinates the logistics for the national August Gathering and the regional January Gatherings where local leaders from across the country come together to share skills and models for success. Click here to learn more about the National Gatherings Team.
- The Media Team tells the stories of Grand Aspirations leaders to a public audience and manages Grand Aspirations media platforms for Solutionaries to amplify their message. Click here to learn more about the Media Team.
- The Program Support Team supports local Summer of Solutions teams and other local Grand Aspirations initiatives to run successful programs and create models for innovative green economy projects. Click here to learn more about the Program Support Team.
- The Resources Team raises resources, especially money, through grants, grassroots donations, and revenue-generating strategies, for the national organization. Click here to learn more about the Resources Team.
- Project Working Groups focus on a specific area of green economy development (such as sustainable agriculture, energy-efficiency, or anti-oppression) to share best practices among projects across the country. Working Groups are proposed on an as-needed basis by members of Grand Aspirations. Click here to learn more about Project Working Groups.
If you are a student, we are able to help you receive academic credit for your participation on a Grand Aspirations national team by considering it as an internship. We will also accept proposals for internships related to our organizational development that would use your specific skills and interests. For example, if you are in school studying Human Resources, we would gladly consider an internship around HR policy development.
All team roles and internships are unpaid unless otherwise noted.
Listen to Matt talk about his experience as a national volunteer with Grand Aspirations: