Grand Aspirations is always seeking volunteers and interns to support the movement for local solutionary initiatives and youth leadership development. You can find your own role in the organization by joining a national team or applying to be an intern.
If you are interested in a paid role, you should also check out our list of open positions with the organization.
Join a National Team
The core vehicles that drive GA’s development are our teams of national volunteers. These folks do everything vital to moving the organization forward, including writing training curriculum, raising funds, coordinating national gathering, and mentoring local leaders.
Send an email to Matt Kazinka (email@example.com) if you would like to join a team for the 2012-2013 year.
Here is what each team contributes to the organization:
- The Resources Team raises resources, especially money, through grants, grassroots donations, and revenue-generating strategies, for the national organization. Their successes increase the ability for GA leaders to be materially supported in this work.
- The Media Team tells the stories of Grand Aspirations leaders to a public audience and manages Grand Aspirations media platforms for Solutionaries to amplify their message.
- The Leadership Development Team develops training curriculum and tools to help leaders in the organization identify and meet their learning objectives. The team is maintains and expands content for the Solutionary Knowledge Bank.
- The National Gatherings Team coordinates the logistics for the national August Gathering and the regional January Gatherings where local leaders from across the country come together to share skills and models for success.
- The Program Support Team supports local Summer of Solutions teams and other local Grand Aspirations initiatives to run successful programs and create models for innovative green economy projects. PST includes a team of Program Mentors who provide in-depth mentorship and training to local program leaders.
- The Hub Development Team helps develop the tools and structure for Hubs to develop and expand as sites of local innovation. They help existing Hubs coordinate and recruit new teams to become Hubs.
- The Anti-Harassment Committee ensures that Grand Aspirations maintains a safe working environment for everyone involved by upholding our Anti-Harassment Policy and responding to reports of harassment.
- The Anti-Oppression Team helps other teams in the organization to be inclusive and oriented towards social justice in their work.
- The Organizational Development Team identifies organizational needs and creates structures and policies to meet those needs. Current policies under construction include a Compensation Policy and an Anti-Oppression Policy.
- The National Support Team supports other national teams to meet their goals and helps individual volunteers and interns integrate into the national community.
- The Advisory Council serves in an oversight role for the organization, providing insight on national strategy and making decisions on nationally-important issues. Members of the Advisory Council must have prior involvement in the organization.
You can apply to join a national team here or learn more details about each national team here. If you have a specific contribution you want to make outside of those teams, check out the internship opportunities below.
Grand Aspirations offers internships if you want to make a specific contribution based on your skills and interests. If you are a student, we can help you get academic credit. Internships are unpaid unless otherwise noted.
Apply for an internship here. Submit your application to be considered for a Spring 2013 internship.
You can propose a new internship position or choose from the ones listed below:
- Grant Writing
- Social Media
- Organizational Development
- Web Development
- Membership Management
More details to come on these internships!